Specifically designed for early-stage investor calls. This type of meeting typically involves presenting a business idea or pitch to potential investors to secure funding for a startup or new venture.
Using this meeting agenda template can help ensure that the meeting is organized and focused and that all relevant issues are discussed and resolved in a timely manner. It can also help prevent the meeting from going off-topic or running long.
- Where is your sweet spot in terms of the stage to invest?
- What is your typical ticket size and desired ownership percentage?
- Which risk/return profile do you typically target?
- How do you make decisions at the fund?
- Who is typically involved in deciding to invest?
- Which team members can sponsor a deal?
- What are you looking for in a company at our stage?
- What are you looking for in teams you back?
- Which level of validation are you looking to get from (potential) customers?
- How would you assess our future roadmap?
- What are you looking to understand from our GTM plan?
- Which milestones do you expect us to hit to raise the next funding round?
- What is your typical investment process?
- What kind of diligence do you do pre-term sheet?
- Which milestones have to be achieved to move to the next stage of the process?
- Which [your company sector] challenges have you encountered with the companies in your portfolio?
- How are your portfolio companies solving these challenges right now?
- Where do you see the most exciting innovation in [your company sector]?
- How do you personally choose the companies you work with?
- Why do you find [your company sector] exciting?
- How do you work with the companies in your portfolio? Cadence of check-ins/board meetings?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?