This template can be used by the vice president of sales and the sales manager to organize and structure their regular check-in meetings.
The goal of using this template is to help ensure that the meeting is productive and focused, and that both the vice president and the manager have the information and support they need to succeed in their roles. This template can be customized to fit the specific needs and goals of the sales team.
VP Sales & Manager Check-in
Recap & follow-up
- Actions agreed at the last check-in
- Status of those actions
- If actions are carrying over, what is the blocker?
- What is our forecast for the quarter? What has changed since last check-in?
- What have we booked quarter-to-date?
- Which are the largest deals that may swing the forecast? How can we work together to get them over the line?
- Do we have any major customers at risk of churn? Which actions can we take to intervene?
- Did we win or lose any major customers since our last check-in that I should know about?
- Are we seeing any new competitors in live or recently closed deals or any new messaging from existing competitors?
- If there is any open headcount, what’s the status on the hiring pipeline?
- Do we have reps with flight risk? What can be done to mitigate it?
- What does rep-level attainment look like? Are any reps struggling? Which coaching steps can we take to help them get back on track?
- How is the mood in the team? Are there any concerns or blockers we need to discuss?
- Check in with progress from the last professional development discussion
- Does the manager need any help in reaching their goals?